All the tents have been tucked away for the off-season. You may remember I wrote about Ocean Grove’s bustling summer tent community for the Hooked on Houses’ house tour. Julia’s hosting another tour on October 24, and frankly I don’t know how I’ll top the tents! I may have to erect my own tepee village or something. ;-)
The town looks sort of vacant without the tents, but as a homeowner without a driveway I’m selfishly appreciative of the 114 extra parking spots.
It looks like someone is taking advantage of the newly vacated real estate:
Our area will be hopping this weekend! We’ll have guests so I’m not sure how much ground I’ll cover, but within a mile of the shore house, there’s:
- Fireworks on the beach tonight.
- The antique and art show in Asbury Park at the Convention Hall.
- The Fall Harvest and Craft Festival in Ocean Grove tomorrow.
- Another church bazaar tonight and tomorrow (and apparently there was a preview this morning. And I was off from work today. And four blocks away. Drats! I need to pay more attention.)
- A BBQ cook-off on the beach on Ocean Grove tomorrow.
- An antique and collectibles show in Ocean Grove.
What’s a girl to do?? Unless I can split myself in three, it’s going to be a rough day. Rough in the best way possible, but rough nonetheless.